Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Here's a glass of holiday cheer - the Poinsettia

It's Christmas Eve and I'm getting ready to make this delicious drink and I notice I didn't put quantities down.  I'm so sorry.  I've noted the changes below.

I've been a fan of Nigella Lawson for many years.  You may even say I have a bit of a foodie girl crush on her.  While I've never made any of her recipes, I love watching her show and vicariously eating at her dining table.  When I heard her on NPR last week, I listened intently. Her lovely British accent makes everything sound delectable.

Three quarters into the interview, Nigella mentioned a delicious and easy cocktail she calls the Poinsettia.  It has only 3 ingredients:







  • 1 bottle Prosecco (any dry sparkling wine and it doesn't have to be expensive)
  • 1/2 c orange liqueur (I used Cointreau)
  • 2 c cranberry juice

Since sharing a cocktail is as fun as making them, I asked my friend Angie if she'd try it with me.  She snapped these beautiful pictures.

We both agreed that this drink is a winner. It is so good and goes down quite easily.  Isn't it festive looking?  For decorative pizazz you could add cranberries, orange slices or curled and sugar orange rind to the glass or pitcher.  Impress your friends and family.


Photos by Angie Allen.

I've added her books Nigella Christmasand Nigella Express to my Christmas list.  You can find many more of Nigella's cookbooks on Amazon.


Pin It














Related Posts with Thumbnails