Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Coveted: Two drawer dishwashers

I've always wondered about these dishwashers. They seemed smaller to me and not quite as user friendly. The drawers just seemed odd. The house we rented last week in Chatham had one and now I'm sold. The next time I'm in the market for a new one, there is no question that I'll buy a drawer dishwasher.

Surprisingly, they have plenty of room. There were 9 of us and we filled one drawer each sit down meal. That means that we only used 1/2 the washer...1/2 the water...1/2 the energy.

One of my biggest pet peeves is having to load the dishwasher only to find that I have to unload it first. Well, with the two drawer, there was always one drawer available. The flow between wash and use seemed so much more manageable.

I haven't found a refrigerator I love. I'm not sold on the side-by-side refrigerators with the bottom drawer freezers. Our current side by side seems small. Any preferences you can share??

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear your input on these - I too wondered about the practicality of them, but what you say makes perfect sense!

    I have a "french door" fridge and LOVE it! Ours has automatic filtered water and ice, but the ice is stored in the freezer frawer and the water domes from a little nipple found inside the fridge, so we don't loose all that space on the door for ice/water.

    Let me know what particular peeve you have with them and I can give you "real world" experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours has a freezer on one side and the frig on the other. Since it is counter depth, I think its too small...but it looks nice.

    The one at the Cape was a large "french door" on top with a freezer drawer on the bottom. My biggest complaint was that you had to open both frig doors to get to the interior drawers making it seemingly less efficient. I also wondered about the freezer drawer capacity. My freezers have always been a mess of piled groceries and I fear loosing items to the bottom of the drawer.

    I like the sound of your ice/water option. I've never been a fan of the ice/water on the outside of the freezer door. May I ask your brand/style?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I desperately want that dishwasher!

    My last fridge had ice & water on the inside & never had a problem. It was only 2 years older than my "new" GE fridge that makes funny noises, defrosts itself & is incapable of making ice. I think simple designs work best, at least for refridgerators & sewing machines :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking that is the way I'll go next time (whenever that may be). Wouldn't it be totally decadent to have 2?!

    Thanks for your comment, Stash!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails