Friday, December 16, 2011

A ramble, Dooce, and some fun images to lighten my mood || OM [one moment] meet up

The Champ
photo by By truebluetitan

Well, I'll start with my ramble and must warn you I'm keeping it vague. 

Life is such a funny, complicated, always changing, necessary, uncontrollable force that we all share and have in common. What makes us different is how, where, why, we choose to live our individual lives.

Oh, boy.  Where is she going with this?

Life continually surprises me. There are always new challenges, issues, events that come along. They may be great or tragic or in between. They just are and we have to choose how to deal (or not) with each moment. Even if you think you've seen everything (I really didn't think anything could ever surprise me. I've seen it all. That is a whole different post). Life continues to throw you a curve ball.

 I'm getting a bit closer to my point.

Never for a moment think that your life is all that different from someone else' life. We all have our crosses to bear, baggage to carry, etc.  Same crap, different household.  Take, for instance, Heather Armstrong of Dooce. I read her blog off and on.  Sometimes I get annoyed by what appears to be her kvetching about something different every day. To many, she seems like a whiny, entitled person.  But her issues are real and her own.  She has openly talked about depression. If you haven't experienced it yourself, you have no idea how debilitating it is. Her openness is very helpful to many people.  She appears to have it all.

I sometimes feel like her in that I bitch and moan about something all the time.  I feel like it never ends, there is something to complain about always. I certainly don't want to be a Debbie Downer so I joke and laugh and put on appearances to get me through a day.  Some of us do that better than others, just so you know.

Lately, I keep getting hit in the face with life issues.  None of which are new to anyone. None of which I want to share. And none of which we won't get through.  Although these issues are new to us they are not new in general.  I feel like I took a left hook to the chin for the 3rd time in about a month and now I have to shake it off, regroup, and figure out how to proceed.  Adrianne!  It's all good because it gives me an opportunity to learn, evolve, become a better person. 

I feel very fortunate. I have a good life and everything I have always hoped for in it.  Most importantly to me, I have a great husband and wonderful boys.  I didn't get here without a lot of bumps, hills, ravines, potholes, along the way.  Certainly, there will be plenty more road blocks in the future. I just take it one moment at a time.  There are also a lot of, what Ethan refers to as, "cleansing breathes" along the way.

I've always learned to deal with my problems, sometimes with help and other times on my own. Life is precious to me in that way. But I have to remind myself that we have to move through all the obstacles in life to continue living the life we want. We have to work through the storms.  And each person in our family is on his or her own path, a path that we cannot control.  This is life.

My point:  Expect the unexpected in life. It's unpredictable.  We all have issues.  No one's life is perfect no matter how it may appear (The Real Housewives Series confirms that).  If your life is calm right now, enjoy that moment.  When poo hits the fan, brace yourself and know you are not alone. 

Early this week, my OM moment was going to be a few things that made me smile.  Those moments still exist and although I may be feeling less jovial about my week, I appreciate having these moments. I guess that  is what these posts are all about.

 
 This is the drawing E made when I made banana pumpkin bread this week.  I always forget how much the kids love it and enjoy seeing them scarf it down.  E's drawings bring me so much delight.  I told him I'd like to share more of them with you in the future. He may become a regular contributor to the blog in the near future.
The dogs bring me great joy. They make me laugh every day. Last night, while we were watching The Big Bang Theory, Sophie pulled a Sheldon to get Lola's attention.  The look on Lola's face says it all.

Thank you for indulging me today. I hope your life is calm right now and you have a wonderfully easy going, enjoyable weekend.

How was your week? What was your moment?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails