Thursday, July 2, 2009

Okay, who do we choose to throw overboard?


Day ???? of grey, dreary weather. I woke up to the loud cracks of lightening and thunder. What is going on with this weather on the East Coast? C even called me from the hospital to say that his surgeries have been put on hold for fear of the electricity going out.

On the drive to drop off E to camp, I noticed flooding in the fields at the local school and golf course. So much water. I wish we could pipe it to those who need it. Surprisingly, a few positive things came to mind this morning

  1. I've not had to water any of my garden or yard.
  2. The lawn is looking lush and green.
  3. We've not dealt with any sunburns.
  4. I took that lovely leaf photo.

Okay, I'm stretching to find the brighter side of things. What are you doing to keep yourself out of the gloom?

5 comments:

  1. Beauty in the gloom, nice image.
    (UK in in the middle of a heatwave so the pleasure is 90% aesthetic 10% smugness)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar moment this morning, but instead mentally ticked through the people I am glad I AM NOT:
    - the camp counselor sitting in a gym with 300 wet kids for the ???th day in a row
    - a sunglasses vendor on Thayer street
    - my lawn guy

    :) Rain, rain, go away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you must have sent the rain here to Colorado because it is pouring. I'm sure the hay farmers are not happy, but I am. All that green grass that is usually brown by this time of year.

    Beautiful photo.

    www.iamalivephotos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I purchase the leaf photo!?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails