Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Spray paint adds personal touch to store bought items

I've always loved shopping for bargains at Home Goods.  I find drastically reduced items that I know I've seen in boutiques (for example, a favorite candle of mine).  Admittedly, many items are a bit generic and need to be altered slightly to integrate into my home decor.

Spray paint is a very easy fix!  I found this giant metal letter "D" for cheap.  It had an old brown patina that was a bit too country for me.  So...I had E sand it to give it a rough surface, we primed it, and painted it glossy red.




VIOLA!! I have modern red "D" hanging in our courtyard! Love it!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails