Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Make your own Garam Masala - popular Indian spice mixture


When making this coconut shrimp curry recipe, I did not have garam masala in my cupboard. Here is a great spice mixture you can make to substitute.


1/2 tsp. cumin

1/2 tsp. paprika
1/3 tsp. cinnamon (I use Vietnamese cinnamon from Penzeys Spices - wonderful spices that make a huge difference in the flavor of your food. Their catalog alone offers great recipes. )

1 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

1/4 tsp. crumbled bay leaf

1/8" ground cloves


You can double or triple the batch and store it in a small jar or air tight bag for future dishes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails