Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Make a business card holder out of an old cassette tape case

Many may recognize what this is and some, like me, may have boxes full of them - old cassette tapes.  I don't even own a cassette player anymore but can't part with my collection of 80's and 90's alternative music and mixed tapes (aka playlists).

For those of you unfamiliar, cassettes were our alternative to MP3 players or CD-Rs.  We could record music from our friends and the radio OR buy albums to conveniently listen to in our cars or Walkmans.  They were much more convenient than clunky old 8 track tapes.  However, they seem archaic now.  As you can see this was my well worn Smiths, Cure, and Echo and the Bunnymen mixed tape (ahhh, emo guys with funky hair and eyeliner).



Rethink + Reuse = Resourceful

 
Reuse those old cases as business card holders!  They make great conversation pieces!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!!! Love it. Great idea. How about using the same tape holder to display an ACEO or small photo, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous ideas Linda and Mary. I had SO MANY cassette tapes, and after moving them from to KY to OH and never listening to them in OH except in the car, which got replaced with a car that only had a CD player. I DITCHED THEM ALL when we moved to CA...ah, what a wonderful feeling!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails