Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Recovering from the weekend

I've been remiss in blogging. We had a busy weekend with games and birthday parties. My father was also visiting. As this is the last week of "summer" for my kids, I've been working less and playing more.

On Saturday, while sitting in the stands of my son's football game, I fondly remembered the '80s. There was a time when I proudly wore crushed velvet leggings, army boots, ankhs, and attitude. My music of choice was The Smiths, Iggy Pop, Skinny Puppy, NIN, you get the idea.



I really haven't changed much. Although I don't listen to Skinny Puppy anymore, I still love the others. I still wear lots of black and sport a tiny nose piercing. What has changed is my attitude toward things I thought I'd never embrace. Take for instance, football. Never in a thousand moons, did I think I'd be going to games as a mother of a football player. Alas, this is how I spent the weekend.

While I do take issue with a many football ideals (weigh ins, machismo, head injuries), it really isn't about the sport. It is about supporting my child and helping him reach his goals.

BTW, he also has great taste in music!

1 comment:

  1. One of the most interesting concerts I ever went to was Skinny Puppy... man, that was a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails