Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Mortimer waving to the neighbors

Sigh...since the boys have moved beyond homemade costumes now, I thought that I share a few favorites from the past.

2006 - E as mummy and M (sneaking up behind) as Ninja. E's costume was simply muslin tacked on to grey sweatpants and jacket. To this day, there are still little knots of thread on that jacket.
2007 - E as an M & M. This is one of my favorites! I used puffy paint for the face and felt for the body. His only complaint was that people kept trying to take a bite out of him.


2007 - M as a crusader from Monty Python (the killer rabbit scene - notice it on his neck). People either recognized this costume right away or didn't get it all.

2008 - M as Angus Young from AC/DC.

5 comments:

  1. I love homemade costumes. My mother used to insist on dressing us up in those horrible plastic masks and capes that came in a box at K-mart. Yikes! This is the first year we've worn masks since (they are rubber). I don't think I'm going to like it. ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, they grow too quickly!

    GDD, I used to love getting the costume's in a box. Not sure why. Maybe bc my mom made a lot of my clothes and I wanted something purchased. I was Witchy Poo, from HR Puff 'n' Stuff one year.

    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all great, but hats off to the Monty Python costume!!!! So original and funny!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Killer RABBIT! Hysterical! And HR Puff n'Stuff - ain't THAT a blast from the past! I do declare - you and I had such similar childhoods, it's kinda eery!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails