Sunday, January 25, 2009

Promote a sister Sunday - Emma Gordon London

As a member of the Carried Away Team, an Etsy team of handmade bag makers, I am happy to promote a fellow team member, Emma Gordon.

I have actually been a fan of Emma's bags for many years before she was on Etsy. When I began my business in 2005, I researched and bookmarked a number of bag maker websites that I admired. Emma's was one of them. What drew me to her bags was their modern simplicity and unique style. I loved her use of colors as well as details. Her bags are feminine yet tailored, ornate but not "frou frou."

Lola silver clutch wristlet

Emma is from Derbyshire, UK. She started her business in 2003 and recently started selling on Etsy.

"My signature style is ‘ladylike with a twist’ using pretty colours, quirky detailing and delicate trims. As every bag is handmade, this achieves the unique ‘one-off’ style that has so far proved very popular with my customers. I take my inspiration from everything elegant, from the light-hearted glamour of Audrey Hepburn in ‘Breakfast at Tiffanys’ to the gorgeous pin-up girls of the 1950’s." - from her Etsy profile

To see more of Emma's bags, visit her websites at:
http://www.emmagordon.co.uk/index.htm
http://emmagordonlondon.etsy.com/

3 comments:

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails