Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thirsty Bird


I just received a catalog in the mail from Bits and Pieces, a company that features puzzles and interesting gifts. While I've never purchased from them, I do look at the catalog for gift ideas. Much to my surprise, I found the Thirsty Bird! This is something I remember fondly from my childhood. When you put its beak in warm water, it will bob up and down endlessly. I'm not sure why this amuses me other than that it was a part of my grandfather's house. It's going on my list of gifts to purchase...for someone...

If you remember this bird, I'd like to know I'm not alone!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Linda!

    YES! I remember these too!

    Circa 1975, stacked on the shelves of Evans News in Bennington Vermont....I remember seeing them as we walked to school - we used to stop and buy 20 cent candy bars.

    Anyways - hope all is well with you....I hope to get to putting more stuff up on Etsy soon. We have been busy gardening and other stuff...

    Hope all is well with you and the fam.

    sue-chan
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails