Saturday, April 12, 2008

The composition is in the trees


Paintings by fellow Arts in RI Street Team member, juliebcreative . These are some of my favorites from her shop. I love the muted colors, the simple design, and the chunky canvas.


"I started this series of Three Trees paintings as a playground for color and composition. The focus of these paintings are the deep tones of color, using layers of paint to achieve the right hue. If you look close you can see the different layers of paint used to create each tree's exact color. In terms of composition, I toy with the relationship between the trees, some overlapping, some isolated...I attempt to give the trees a type of personality with their position and relationship with the other trees.

I find it fascinating that these simple concepts combined with simple objects can create a rich environment."

1 comment:

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails