Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Day 8 - Winter: Self drafted kimono jacket - #bpsewvember

I joined a sewing photo of the day challenge on Instagram this month.  The hashtag is #bpsewvember.  For those of you who might not be on Instagram, you can google the hashtag and click images to see the postings.I joined knowing that I'd pick and choose my days but today the theme is winter and I had just the item to share - my self drafted puffy kimono jacket.




I often buy my fabric because I love it and not because I know what I'm going to do with it (this is how out of control fabric stashes are born).  Last year, I found puffy material at Joann's and grabbed it.  I drew up a very simple pattern (essentially 3 rectangles) and made this cropped jacket.  I used my serger and decided to expose the stitching side which gives it some detail and highlights its square structure.

I love wearing it with a turtle neck and jeans or a pencil skirt.  It is roomy and warm yet not too hot to wear.  It's almost like throwing a scarf on to run around town.  Here in Reno it starts out cold in the morning but ends up warm early afternoon so this is the perfect run around town solution.

Are you participating in #bpsewvember?

Related Posts with Thumbnails