Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Day 14 of #sewvember - Tricky

This was my first foray into sewing sequin material.  It really wasn't that difficult.

I came across this fuchsia reversible sequin fabric several weeks ago.  I originally talked myself out of it but couldn't stop thinking about it, returned to the store, and bought more than I'll ever use.

I decided to play it safe and sew a simple pencil skirt.  I used a favorite skirt as a pattern and added 3" elastic at the waist.  The tricky part was removing sequins along my seam lines before stitching.  It took me some time to get used to how and where to remove the little buggers.  And it made a bit of a mess.  Another option is to sew right over the sequins.  I tried that with one seam and it came out bumpy, so I decided to stick with removal.  I used my serger.

I'm hoping to wear it to our upcoming office holiday party with this stretch velvet top (also self drafted and sewn).  I've finally found an outfit to wear with my velvet Tory Burch pilgrim shoes.  Their chunkiness takes the prissy out of the sparkly skirt, in my opinion.  I can't wait to wear this outfit.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails