Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sucker punches in the moving process


Not so itsy bitsty spider, originally uploaded by alamodestuff.

As I've been going through our "stuff" in preparation of selling the house, I feel like I keep getting sucker punched. At every turn there is a memory that has to be removed from the walls or packed away. This big guy was hanging from a chalk board just outside our kitchen. E made him in school several years ago. I can't keep him, or many of the saved art and school items because it's just too much stuff. So, I took this picture (as I will with other items I come across but must let go). I'm glad it is so much easier to catalog our lives through photography these days.

The "for sale" sign is in the yard today. It's sad. We have 6 house showings between today and Saturday. That's painful. I'm following the boys and the dog around wiping up every crumb they drop. That's crazy. Such is my life right now.

Happy hump day!

2 comments:

  1. (( hug )) wishing you a swift and painless sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't even imagine what you are dealing with! But I send hugs and warm thoughts xo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails