Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sacramento sunrise and other news



Sacramento sunrise, originally uploaded by alamodestuff.

We are back from our quick trip out West sans kids.  It was nice to be in Sacramento during it's "worst."  The temps were in the triple digits but without the humidity I'm used to.  It was lovely.  I even got to spend some time by the pool.

[view of pool, photo by moi]

This was my first time in California's capital.  I was very pleasantly surprised to find a city full of trees and greenery.  We were taken to two incredible restaurants that I'd highly recommend:  Frank Fat's on L Street, Sacramento's oldest eating establishment (fantastic Chinese food) and Ella, an all around beautiful dining experience from food to decor.



 [source] photos by Mathjis Wessing


We got back on Saturday night.  Sunday morning, I was playfully thumped upon by Sophie.  She startled me while I was asleep resulting in a pinched nerve in my neck.  I've been taking it easy ever since.  Not sure what I'll be able to accomplish this week.  Frankly, I'm not too worried about it.  I find it a welcomed excuse to slow down.

 [sculpture by E, photo by moi]

Sunday, I went to the smallest 4H fair in existence.  It was quaint and fun, but not quite what I was expecting having experienced 4H in Indidana.  Everything is relative isn't it.

 [photo by moi]
Hope you are having a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails