Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Finds - Felt Food Fun!

My friends are sick of hearing about Etsy from me. I constantly tell them that they can find anything, for anyone, at any price range. I always look there first before going out into the huge world of commercial merchandise. Today, I'm putting my money where my mouth is and want to share what I found!

My niece's 2nd birthday is coming up. She is the only little girl in a sea of boys in the family so I get to expand my gift giving horizon. I thought it would be fun to get her some pretend food. There are lots of plastic and wooden foods in stores and online. Many are cute but I'm looking for something extra special.

Not surprising, there are many amazing crafters on Etsy making very fun felt and crochet "foods." I was overwhelmed by the creativity and talent in making these items look real. It was very hard for me to make up my mind...pasta w/sauce, pizza, cakes & cookies, fruits, vegetables?! After much deliberation, I've finally decided to go with these delicious "baked" goods from Mommy24cs:


Aren't they the cutest things? Now, my niece can have tea parties (with the tea set I bought her last year) or she can play bakery. I would have loved these as a kid!

BTW, my two boys have outgrown playing kitchen and restaurant. However, when my little one saw these he wanted them. I may have to indulge him for Christmas.

Here are others I absolutely loved:




1) Lillybean
2) weepereas
3) FeltCuisine
4) doolittledesign

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the feature!
    I am taking the handmade pledge this year, and if don't make it I will be buying from a lot of the talented etsy sellers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are the cutest! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can NOT WAIT to see how this felting movement takes off. I've just started felting this week, and I'm already hooked... its so perfect for little ones as well as adults! From the toys and dolls to jewelry and bags, its just phenomenal. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the tiny sushi is awesome!!!!

    This crocheted bacon is a personal favorite of my food finds on Etsy:

    http://tinyurl.com/6f7nl3

    ReplyDelete
  5. those almost look real! I'm getting hungry!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails