Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Repurposing at its finest

Many months ago, I was visiting one of my clients. She owns a great boutique that sells everything from clothes to household goods. Her eclectic store even carries a line of beautiful carpets that can be chosen from a wonderful sample display.

I noticed quite a number of samples propped in the corner and inquired. They were discontinued sample squares that she sells to customers who often used them as plant coasters. As I began thumbing through them I commented on how beautiful they were and that it was a shame that there weren't more uses for them. Bending a piece in my hand, I formed a shape that reminded me of a clutch (handbag). Ah, yes, make a handbag...that's what I do...I didn't know how but I figured I'd give it a try. So, I purchased 3 squares hoping that I'd actually get around to making a little bag out of it.

I often acquire obscure items with plans of up cycling them into objet d'art. More often, said items get buried to never be seen from again. Well, I am happy to say I actually did as I'd hoped and here is the result:I have yet to make the other 2 squares into bags, but hope to soon. In the meantime, this little one of a kind (ooak) number can be purchased in my Etsy shop.

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Anxious to see what you come up with next!! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Love the colors and yummy texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH that is lovely! It looks like a mini carpetbag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. I'm always picking things up with great ideas that lay dormant for years also. It's nice when one comes to fruition.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails