Thursday, June 26, 2008

A wine by any other name...

Some good friends, or so I thought, surprised me with this wine today. I love the label and won't read into its connotation. Actually, they say it isn't a bad wine. Some reviews I've read say the same. However, this bottle isn't being opened (or unscrewed). Another good friend of mine works for Rainier Winery, the makers of Mad Housewife Wine, in Seattle. I haven't tried the wine yet (hint, hint) but intend to in a few weeks when I visit her. So far, it isn't offered on the east coast. Wine aside, the marketing is fantastic. Much like the aforementioned Bitch wine, I'd buy Mad Housewife just for the label and fun packaging.
As we approach the weekend, I'd like to offer a toast...to women and their wines...and I don't mean their kids.

3 comments:

  1. When I'm up that direction again in the fall I will have to look for that wine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post! Thanks for sharing about your wine bottle gift; let us know if/when you try it, given the name I can’t help to wonder about the taste… I sure do love the marketing for Mad Housewife Wines! Would love to read a review on their products... might be visiting Seattle later this year; will try their wines as well!
    Oh and thank you for offering a toast to women! Cheers back!
    Maritere

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both labels look brilliant! I love how sophisticated the Bitch label is. Drink up!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails