Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's all about me

I have a confession to make. Most of what I create is based on me and the things that I like. I've struggled with making things that I know will sell, but always come back to making the things that I'd want to buy. What I've learned is that there are people who like what I like...go figure!

My "fun" jewelry is a great example. It isn't "fine" jewelry (although I most often use sterling silver). Its bold, inexpensive jewelry that makes me smile. I love using materials that aren't necessarily findings for jewelry (steel hardware, steel wire, etc.). I love using resin. It appeals to my modern sensibilities. I'm mostly a tshirt and jeans girl so I love jewelry that can add a pop of color and interest to a simple outfit. Don't get me wrong, I do like my nicer jewelry as well...just not for everyday.



Below are some pendants I've begun working on. The base is 1 1/2" wood rounds that I've painted. The graphics are either my own or bits and pieces recycled from magazines (they have to be good for something after we read them). The industrial quality and shape of the steel hardware pendant emphasizes its minimal design - a personal favorite. These pieces are lightweight and comfortable to wear.

1 comment:

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails