Monday, January 1, 2018

Rebranding and kicking off the New Year - 2018

I won't lie to you.  2017 was a tough year on many levels.  The good news is that we made it to the end.  More good news is that 2018 has to be better, yes?!

One thing that helped me through the tougher days this year was sitting in my studio sewing, making jewelry and accessories while listening to music, podcasts, and audio books.   It almost frightens me how much I enjoyed my space and time.  Getting back into jewelry making naturally got me thinking about my business.  For me, I can't seem to think about one without the other.  So, with very little forethought, I decided to rebrand à la mode and start fresh.  In part, I wanted to create a website where I can not only feature my own creations but also other artists and wonderful things I find along my travels.



As 2017 comes to an end, I softly opened lcdmodern.  I did it quietly for many reasons but feel that I should mention it here at least once.  I'll include a link in the side bar but don't really plan on promoting it here much more than that.  The constant marketing (especially on social media) really got to me in the past.

I'm still making my hardware jewelry.  I hope to introduce some clothing I've designed, perhaps reintroduce some handbags, and have already found (and am working on purchasing) some great items from my travels.

So, if you liked my "wares" you can still find them and I wouldn't discourage you from spreading the word if you'd like to.  I will continue to personally blog here as well.  Here's to a new year!
To everyone...
Happy 2018!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails