Friday, October 21, 2011

When my kids can talk me down || OM meet up

I"m really not sure when my kids became wiser, quicker, funnier, etc. than me.  All I know is that I find myself laughing and taking their advice more often. Luckily, it's pretty good advice.  They can even talk me down from crazy at times.

Last night as Ethan and I left Max's last home football game of the year (they won), I was anxious about leaving the dogs at home in my studio/office uncrated for 3 1/2 hours. I knew Sophie would be okay, but Lola is trouble.  Since we needed to stop by a store before heading home, I asked Ethan if we should go home first, check on the dogs, and then go back to the store.  His response, "Mom, I really don't think 10 minutes is going to make a difference.  Either the studio is trashed or its not.  What more can they do in 10 minutes?"

I chuckled and said, "You're right.  Quit being so smart."  We had a nice laugh.

When we finally got home, the dogs were fine.  The few hours that followed, however, were spent with Lola getting back at us for leaving her:  2 poos, several pees, a destroyed plant, and a partridge in a pear tree.  At least it happened while I was home and not away.



Coy Lola
Hope you had a great week?  What moment are you going to share with us?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails