Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Take this easy Sweet Onion Dip to your next potluck or BBQ

We attended two neighborhood parties this weekend. Friday, we went to a Lego themed birthday party (I'll post about it later this week). Saturday, we went to a potluck. I don't know about you, but I always scramble a bit when it comes to bringing a dish to a party. Dishes have to be easy and assuredly likeable by many. For this party I decided to try my good friend Ann's Sweet Onion Dip [She told me she got it from Under the Magnolias: A tasteful tour of Athens]. I knew I loved it but when several people asked me for the recipe at the party (and kept me in their sights 'til I delivered), it decidedly became a keeper (to be placed the alamodestuff blog recipe page).

I've started taking screen snapshots of recipes so I can easily view ingredients from my iPhone at the grocery store.  I tend to write lists and leave them behind.  This was actually a screen shot of my Facebook convo with Ann asking for the recipe. 


Ingredients:

2 c. chopped Vidalla onion - approximately 1 large onion (you can use any sweet onion)
2 c. mayo
2 c. grated Swiss cheese - 1, 8 oz brick
2 dashes Tabasco sauce (or favorite hot sauce)
sprinkle of Parmesan cheese

Mix all together (except the Parmesan cheese), pour into a 9" baking dish (I used a glass pie dish.  Ann uses two smaller baking dishes).  Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Bake at 325 for 20 minutes or until nice and bubbly.  Serve with crackers (or nachos).

This dish was practically licked clean very quickly after I placed it on the party food table.  It got rave reviews, Ann.  YUM!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails