Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Easy Herb Leek Quiche recipe - easy, tasty, and great for company

I made this quiche for a friend last week.  It turned out great so I want to share it with you.  The original recipe was found in the Martha Stewart Living magazine.  You can see the recipe online here.  I opted for a simpler version.

Little Leeks



Herb Leek Quiche

1 pie shell (pierce and pre-bake for 5 minutes)
2 medium leeks, white and pale-green parts only, thinly sliced and rinsed well
1 ounce (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
2 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
1/2 cup heavy cream (you can substitute 1/2 and /1/2 or light cream-
1/2 cup grated Comte or Gruyere cheese (I used Gruyere)
1/4 cup chopped mixed delicate herbs (such as tarragon, basil, chives, parsley, or chervil)
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Freshly ground pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prick bottom of crust with a fork and bake until edges are golden.

Meanwhile, saute leeks in butter over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until leeks are just tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer leeks to a bowl, and let cool slightly.

Add eggs and yolk, cream, cheese, herbs, and salt to leeks, and stir to combine. Season with pepper. Spoon filling into cooled shell. Bake until filling is set in the center, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool in pan on wire rack.

***

Couldn't be easier and tastier.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delish...I'll definitely give this one a try! Thanks for sharing! xoxo Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny, I've also made leech quiche today - very similar recipe, but with a little bacon instead of the herbs :)
    I think I'll try the herbs next time, healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love quiche and it's great for any meal. I'll definitely be making this soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails