Saturday, May 9, 2009

I didn't even know he left my bed!

The other day I posted about my husband's job and how the family is coping with his new schedule and responsibilities (see original post here). Well, Thursday night he was on chief call again. He wore his pager to bed, attached to his shirt, as he had done the 3 previous nights.

I'm not a heavy sleeper nor am I a light sleeper. I usually hear the kids and know when C gets up in the middle of the night to get a drink of water. I had been worried that his pager was going to wake me up even though it is set to vibrate. We were both pleasantly surprised that I hadn't been too disturbed by it thus far. Come to find out yesterday, he had been paged just after midnight Thursday morning. He got up, went into the hospital, came back at 2 AM and crawled back into bed with me. I never knew he was gone!! Of course, he finds this amusing. I am quite disturbed by this. Would you be?!

1 comment:

  1. Funny! I guess it depends on how much you like your sleep. My husband never woke me up when the kids were little, but I could hear the kids sniff from all the way down the hall. I think it's a mom thing. Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails