Monday, April 28, 2008

Looking for a quick and easy recipe?



Check out yesterday's post - Feature Etsy artist with a recipe by Pretty Pear Designs. Its a recipe I submitted. It's very easy and super quick. Best of all, my boys (that includes my husband) loves it!

If you try it, let me know what you think!



[updated 1/20/11]

Super Simple Calzones

1 or 2 boxes of unroll and fill pie crust (usually comes 2 per box)
Any filler you want:
Italian – pepperoni, sausage, cheese, mushrooms, spaghetti sauce…
Ham, cheese, spinach
Veggie
…you name it

You simply put your fillings on one half of the pre cooked crust
Fold crust (circle) in half covering the filling
Crimp the edge so that filling doesn’t ooze out
Brush with egg wash (or egg white wash) which gives the crust a shiny, golden appearance
Bake according to pie crust directions and enjoy! This is sure to be a hit with young and old alike

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Linda! I was just wondering what's for dinner-- voila!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being featured!
    Your do-it-yourself calzones recipe sounds wonderful.
    Fast easy and fun.

    Kimberly :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails