Saturday, March 22, 2008

Its in the details

Switch plates are such a utilitarian item. We all have them in some form or another. My mom used to cover ours with the matching wall paper she'd put up. She would match the patterns meticulously.

I began covering my wall plates to add inexpensive "art" to my walls. Years ago I used old soup can and salt box labels for my kitchen. Everyone loved them and I felt good about recycling. Later, I started personalizing them for kids rooms. A huge hit. People spend so much time coordinating everything in the rooms (bedding, window treatments, artwork) so why not the smallest detail! I had one customer tell me that every time she flipped the switch, she smiled. So she then asked me to cover every switch plate in her house!


Here are a few of my own.



A switch plate set that I made recently.


The design I'm proudest of in my collection is "playing/sleeping." I thought that it was great for kids rooms (that is what they do every day). This design was in my head for years and when I finally made it, it became one of my best sellers. Now there is a whole series of "color block" switch plates including sports and lifestyle:


My personal favorites are the ones that really make me laugh out loud:

My guess is, after reading this, you won't be able to look at your light switch covers the same way again..........call me.

1 comment:

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails