Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Weekly Round Up: the bird is the word

Since moving, I've formed a wonderful "me time" habit that I look forward to each week.  I crawl into bed or curl up on a couch and read the hundreds of blogs I love.  I have an iPad and using an app called FlipBoard, my reading is much like sitting down with magazines (an old habit I loved).  I typically do this on the weekend when the family is fluttering nearby busy with their own tasks.

I read everything from design and architecture blogs to technical trade magazines.  I'll even share a secret pleasure that I read occasionally - The Superficial, a celebrity gossip magazine.  Don't judge me! I need to get my Hollywood/snark fix more often than just reading People Magazine at my hair salon once a month.

As you can see on the right side bar, I am everywhere online.  Besides this blog, I share some of my finds on Tumblr and Pinterest.  Yet, I still feel the need to post a weekly round up of other things here. I hope you will find something new and interesting, too.  Also, feel free to drop by my other social media sites.  And, don't be shy.  Leave me a comment somewhere.  I'll see it and appreciate it and try my best to comment back.

Without further delay, here is this week's ROUNDUP:

Lace vase - designed by Milk Design Shop (via NotCot.org) - turn any jar into a vase with this innovative top.

Trail Mix Smooshbars - recipe via Today's Nest - trail mix and Rice Crispy Treats smooshed into a chewy treat.

22 Cool and Creative Drinking Glasses via Bored Panda

A very funny fight (relating to Put a Bird on It) between a blogger and the creators of Portlandia - you've gotta read the comments after you read the  post.

image by The Bloggess

I've started a new pin board on Pinterest this week called recipes to try  (a supplement to my recipes page).  You know me, these will be easy so check them out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails