Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hump Day Humor: Jersey Shore 1905 vs. 2010

[Disclaimer:  I've never watched the Jersey Shore and am a bit surprised I'm even noting this on my blog.  I happened upon some great photos from the early 1900's of beach goers and was struck by the vast difference between then and now.]




The weather has been sweltering here and has reached triple digits (with humidity feeling about the same).  I cannot imagine having to cover up the way women used to in the early 1900's.  Here are some great photos that made me appreciate how far we've come (not including the photo above).




Maud, 1920



For more fantastic photos of old, visit Shorpy Historic Photo Archive.



1 comment:

  1. While cyborg bodies are not my thing, I'm happy the days of socks at the beach are long gone. Great perspective!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails