Saturday, July 25, 2009

Green Beans in Mustard Sauce

I put out a tweet for help and my tweeps came to my rescue. I needed an easy and quick vegetable side dish. @Bindery came to the rescue ( @dsbrennan came in right behind with another recipe I'll be trying)! This couldn't have been more easy...well, maybe if someone else made it. Here's my new favorite side dish:

Green Beans in mustard sauce
1 lb. whole green beans (fresh or frozen - I used fresh)
1 tbsp. prepared grained mustard (I used Grey Poupon)
Salt and pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
2-3 tbsp. melted butter or olive oil (I used butter)

Cook the beans for 5 minutes in boiling salted water. Drain them well and return to pan. Combine the remaining ingredients to make a sauce and add this to the beans. Toss well and serve hot. Serves 6

I got this recipe from cooks.com but there are many variations out there. Try it, you'll like it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails