Thursday, June 18, 2009

Easy summer recipe: caprice [caprese] salad or sandwich

[updated 6:22 PM: I stand corrected...it's caprese not caprice. I even looked it up which goes to show you that you can't trust everything you google. Thanks, Ann!]

I'm not much of a gardener but each year we plant lots of tomatoes and basil (along with cucumbers). All summer long we make caprice pasta salad and sandwiches. It couldn't be easier and the kids love them (they actually beg me to make them). By the end of summer, the kids have had their fill and friends are tired of us bringing these dishes to parties, so we retire the recipe until next summer!

fresh mozzarella
tomatoes
basil
olive oil
salt/pepper

For salad add your favorite pasta
For sammies use yummy french bread or sour dough

You can also try adding flavored olive oil! Enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. YUM! I jsut found your blog via your flower tute on CraftStylish. I really like your project, I'll be linking to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, you just made me hungry. I can't wait for real tomatoes. My basil is ready to go, and i am seriously considering keeping buffalo in the yard for easy mozzarella access. BTW, the obsessive-compulsive English teacher in me has to tell you that it is a caprese salad, as opposed to caprice, a sudden, impulsive idea (as in capricious. Delicious no matter how you spell it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE caprice salads! Those tomatoes look great! Maybe I will have to make myself a snack...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ann. I've made the correction. Won't trust google again!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails