Monday, January 12, 2009

My marketing goals for 2009

One of my goals this year, is to manage my online marketing to the fullest. Like many, I'm all over the internet. Now, I want to target my audience and put my energy toward those networks that will serve me best. I have my own website and blog. I am on Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, Etsy (and several other buying/selling sites), blog network sites, various directories, ning, and countless others. They are all time consuming, albeit fun, and I need them to work for me.

I've recently signed up for a pro account on Flickr. For minimal cost it has allowed unlimited photo management which saves me a lot of time. Plus, it has its own networking community. I was able to create a slide show for my website which was a lot easier than creating my own html code.

Today, I updated my Facebook page and started my first ad campaign there. We will see how it goes. If you are on Facebook, please consider becoming a fan. Also, let me know if you are on FB, and I'll do the same.

I was also reading up on DIY SEO tips (do-it-yourself search optimization). I manage and code my own website which is very time consuming. I am a self taught computer geek with very little training. My guide has been internet searches, various blogs. the book Creating Web Sites - the missing Manual, and lots of trial and error. But, I've come this far. It is quite liberating. As I begin to implement some of my strategies, I will share them. Perhaps it will help or maybe you can stop me before I make a huge mistake!

4 comments:

  1. I recently checked out a really great book at the library called *Search Engine Visibility* by Shari Thurow. Great tips on SEO and how to design and build your website to increase your website's popularity. It's so good I've got it out my to-buy list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Johanna. I'll be sure to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You code your own website...oh my. I have dreamweaver and can't even begin to imagine coding all of that myself! SEO is an important and mind bending. There is so much contradictory information...I think that you just have to pick your poison and see what works. However, it takes a little while to see it working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, great ideas, I fanned you on FB, you'll have to keep us posted on that front too. I have thougth about a fan page but haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails