Friday, September 26, 2008

The power of music

Music has always been a huge part of my life. It may have started when I was little and my mom played her music all day long. She'd sing along to French singer Francois Hardy and to this day, those songs make me smile.

Interesting what can make a song so special...hearing it at a certain time in our lives or with a certain person. It can make us instantly happy and bring back wonderful memories. When my husband and I were on our honeymoon in Nova Scotia, No Rain by Blind Melon was playing a lot on the radio. It always seemed to play when we were in the car on a sunny day. We'd dance in our seats and sing loudly. I would mess up the lyrics singing "cheap androgyny" instead of "cheeks dry today" -- still a huge joke I'll never live down. It's one of those songs that can always make me smile, despite the fact that the singer overdosed. This song follows us on every road trip. Even while we were in FL, driving on a sunny day with the top down on our rented convertible, it played from our satellite radio. Of course, loud singing and foolish behavior ensued. How serendipitous for our 15th wedding anniversary!

One of my favorite radio stations is KEXP, in Seattle. I listen to live feeds on my computer when I'm working in my studio. I particularly love John in the morning. Anyway, it's raining today and as I was decoupaging more switch plates, one of my favorite songs came on, This is the Day by The The. This song will bring sunshine in your life on the cloudiest of days. So, with a smile on my face, I would like to share it with you:



Have a fantastic weekend!

1 comment:

  1. This really is a great song! Thanks for sharing...btw, that carriage clutch rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails