Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday's Desktop Diary - upcoming events

I'm very excited to begin looking at my fall schedule. While it can be a busy time of year, it is also a time for me to prepare for upcoming shows. This year, I've applied (and been accepted) to several new venues:

Slater Memorial Park, Pawtucket RI
September 13 & 14, 2008
10:00am - 5:00pm

The Arts in RI Etsy Street Team, (a select group of artists and crafters from all over RI) will have a big group presense at the 10th annual Pawtucket Arts Festival. Spanning 5 booths, we will showcase paintings, jewelry, mixed media, handbags, and more. Please look for our logo/banner and stop by to say hello.

The festival consists of a series of high-quality visual, performance and participatory artshigh-quality visual, performance and participatory art each year. Check out their website, http://www.pawtucketartsfestival.org/, for details.



@the Pawtucket Armory
Friday, December 5th, 12-8pm
Saturday, December 6th, 10-6pm
Sunday, December 7th, 10-6pm
Thursday, December 11th, 12-8pm
Friday, December 12th, 12-8pm
Saturday, December 13th, 10-6pm
Sunday, December 14th, 10-6pm

I'm so excited to be a part of this show. It is in its 26th year and is open to the public with FREE admission, although they encourage you to bring a nonperishable food item which is donated to a local food pantry.

This show is run by volunteers. The artists work various time slots, however, are not necessarily in their booths. If you'd like to know my scheduled times, please email me.

The Foundry Artists Association is a collection of individual creators of arts and crafts in the Rhode Island area. Formed over 25 years ago by a community of artists working in their Foundry Building studios, the group has since expanded its size and scope, becoming one of the premier art collectives in the state. The group consists of artists from Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Connecticut, offering a wide array of hand-crafted artwork in every type of medium. Their website is http://www.foundryshow.com/.

There are a few other shows in the works. Please check back for updated show listings go to http://www.alamodestuff.com for my current event schedule.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on being accepted to such awesome venues for your work!

    I wanted to know that I nominated you for a Brillant Blogger Award. I enjoy your writing and check your blog regularly.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are going to be one busy person! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails