Friday, September 9, 2011

When life seems ugly :: OM [one moment] meet up

source: Macgidtosh


Since starting our weekly OM meet up back in April of 2010,  I've been surprised at what "moments" jump out at me during any given week.  Part of the excersice, for me, was to simply appreciate any thing (big or small) that made me cut through whatever momentary/daily/weekly fog I was lost in.  For the most part, it's just the daily grind of life:  parenting, work, home, finances, safety, balance, etc.

On the heals of both the anniversary of 9/11 and the horrific Carson City shooting, my mood this week was hugely somber.  Since Tuesday morning, I had that awful pit in my stomach that lingers and generally overshadows every thought or action throughout the day.  My eyes constantly welled up like tears would fall at any time.  This week, I really needed a moment of clarity.  

Last night I took Sophie out to our side paddock (her private bathroom) for her nightly break.  Typically, I stand there while she does her business.  This time, I pulled up a bucket , sat down, looked up to the sky and took a deep cleansing breath.  The moon and stars are spectacular out here.  The sky is big and typically clear.  The moon was glowing so bright it had an amazing aura around it. I felt like the universe told me to simply breath.

In less than 5 minutes the clean air, glowing moon, sparkling stars gave me the moment I needed.  For that moment, I saw the beauty in life.

How was your week?


++++++++++++++++++++++++


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails