Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sweet Corn Pudding - a holiday must

Need a last minute dish to wow the family for tomorrow's Thanksgiving feast? 

A cousin brought this dish to a family Thanksgiving several years ago.  I have been making it ever since.  The original recipe came from Epicurus.com.  I've tweaked it a bit.  It is delicious.  C has even made this in individual ramekins one year, placing a beautifully formed serving on a bed of wilted spinach!  I know, fancy, right?!

Sweet Corn Pudding

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups frozen corn kernels (about 19 ounces), thawed
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup whole milk
  • 6 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
  • 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish. Blend all ingredients in processor until almost smooth. Pour batter into prepared dish. Bake pudding until brown and center is just set, about 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes; serve.

Read More on Epicurius.com

1 comment:

  1. Yumm yummity yum! Have a great feast tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails