Friday, April 30, 2010

OM [one moment] meet up - week #4 - punch buggy yellow, no punch backs!


Square Bug - San Francisco, originally uploaded by Count Rushmore.

This week's OM meetup is brought to you by the Volkswagen Beetle.

Driving to the store one morning, after dropping E off at school, I saw a Volkswagen Beetle coming toward me. I immediately thought, "Punch buggy blue, no punch backs."

For those of you familiar with this game, you won't think I'm too crazy. If you are unfamiliar, here are some rules to the game (and you may still think I'm crazy). My kids and I play this all the time. If we see a VW Bug, we shout those words and gently (most of the time) punch each other in the arm. We've even added the terms "classic and convertible" to our rules. When I was a kid, I think we referred to it as "slug bug."

So, my moment this week stems from habit, kids games, and the smile I got when I realized I "punch bugged" myself.

om [one moment] meet upWhat was your 'one moment' this week? Share in the blog comments here, on your own blog (and link back below) or on my Facebook fan page. If you are on Twitter, I've started a hash tag - #ommeetup.  We'd love to hear your moment this week!

To learn more about this weekly post, OM [one moment] meetup, please see the original post here.

5 comments:

  1. WOW, i'm the first this week. i feel so special :) actually wrote my entry last night (brought to you by the phone). A la mode stuff, MERCI BEAUCOUP ENCORE for starting this meet up up. i genuinely look forward to sharing and reading others OMs every week!

    reading yours this week reminds me of all the the roadtrips we'd have as a kid, and my sibs playing "punch buggy" or counting state and provincial license plates!

    xo,
    t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me laugh - my boys & I started doing this about 2-3 months ago (brought to us courtesy of a new VW ad campaign) but it still is a lot of fun, and makes those schleps around town the 2/3 of us do a wee bit funner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of this game, but we haven't played it... yet. My kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a moment this week (actually last night!) when I met a fiber artist who does art quilts while on an Akron Arts Walk. Amazingly she was more interested in teaching me than in selling me a piece. I am so excited and plan to call to schedule a class on monday! We totally clicked and I am over the moon. She does amazing things with minimal space and says she will drag the inner artist out of me even if its kicking and screaming. She told me she will not let me fail or get discouraged. Hallelujah :) !!!! Her name is Connie Bloom and she is the diggity la bomba and my new best friend. I hope you all find someone to inspire you or be your muse this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, all! I'm loving this connection with you each week. It's great to hear about your 'moments' and it's been so wonderful for me to look for something each week to post.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails