Sunday, May 3, 2009

My photo of the week: a cupcake in a cup


photo taken at Dylan's Candy Bar, NYC - 4/09


I'm not sure what possessed my to take this photo but I'm glad I did. Yes, it was as good as it looks. Any cupcake in a cup is a great find.

Maybe my friend, Diana Brennan of D.S. Brennan Photography, will stop by and let us know why this photo turned out nicely. I'm sure it helped being by a window on an overcast day. Or perhaps it was simply the contrast in colors. Someday, I hope to harness the powers of my camera to consistently take pictures like this one...on purpose.

5 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Is it Red Velvet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is! And possibly the best I ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Now I *need* some chocolate -- preferably in a cake-like form!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, you're so sweet to think of me! It's a lovely photo. I always think natural light helps - and you've got a good "rule of thirds" composition going too.

    Wanna know a secret? I only use about 10-25% of the photos I take (depending on if I'm having a good day or not). So don't worry about every shot coming out perfect! Just worry about practicing and honing your eye! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails