Sunday, March 8, 2009

Support a sister Sunday - & the Zachary Fund


Today I'd like to mention a fellow Carried Away Bag Team member Tricia Roberts, aka Kookyhandbags. Not only are her bags very cute, but she also has a big heart. She started a campaign through Etsy to help another Etsy member, Jody Cruz of Petals Handbags. On February 27, 2009, 5 year old Zachary Cruz was killed in a tragic accident while at a crosswalk with his teacher and classmates in Berkley, CA.

Many shops on Etsy are donated proceeds of their sales to the Zachary Michael Cruz Fund. Simply search the tags Zachary's Fund to find some. I have also selected some items in my shop whose proceeds will go directly to the fund (including shipping costs).

I can't imagine what the family is going through.

4 comments:

  1. Omg...what a tragic thing to happen. Our thoughts are with her and thanks for letting us know about the fund.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks so much for blogging about me and Zacharys fund! that was so nice! i appreciate you also giving more attention to the fund. i never thought it would grow so big, with almost 60 shops helping out! it's wondeful when we all put our energy into helping otheres.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a tragic thing to happen to this wonderful family. I have several items in my shop that will of which all proceeds (including shipping) will go directly to the Zachary Michael Cruz family.
    www.aprilsoriginals.etsy.com
    You can go to the website to see more on this tragedy with pictures and videos of little Zachary.
    www.zacharymichaelcruz.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those wild circle appliques!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails