Tuesday, March 17, 2009

In the spirit of all things green today

It isn't St. Patrick's Day to me without seeing the Chicago River dyed green. Every year, 40 gallons of vegetable dye is put in the river in celebration of St. Patrick's day and Irish traditions (don't ask...it's a Chicago tradition).




Coincidentally, yesterday while I wallowed in my sickness, I made this "green" shoulder tote bag. It truly embodies the spirit of green with its eco friendly statement and upcycled seat belt handles. It is also the first bag I've made with the large grommets...fun! You can find it on my website here.

3 comments:

  1. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    Wow... so cool to see the green water... will have to make the trek and see it in person one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOhhhh!!! I love Chicago. I was there two summers ago and got to take the architechure tour on the river. I wish it had been St. Patty's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice! I like it! cpd

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails