Sunday, February 8, 2009

Funky and Fabulous: Upcycled vinyl LP handbags


As someone who loves upcycling every day items and turning them into useful art, I can't help but love these bags by Brinda Kay Designs. Brenda takes old vinyl albums and fashions them into funky bags and catch all trays. "I've become obsessed with making purses from old vinyl LP records. The artwork and photography is so amazing on some that they should be given a new debut. I don't like the idea of these great items sitting in a musty box in the basement."
She will even customize bags out of albums you send her. How cool is that?!


Brinda is a graphic designer from Colorado Springs. You can see more of her bags at http://www.brindakaydesign.etsy.com/.

6 comments:

  1. That tray is super awesome~ I NEED 10 of them~

    ReplyDelete
  2. great profile! The sisters are out in force! Stop by my nlog to see today's Sister
    http://solsisters.blogspot.com/2009/02/promote-sister-sundays-carried-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention!!! I am so pleased. Oh, and btw, my name is spelled brinda vs. brenda. I know -- it's wierd, but it was spelled wrong on my birth certificate and mom never had it changed. So its, brindakaydesign.etsy.com. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just checking her stuff out the other day...so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My apologies, Brinda. I had it spelled correctly before spell check. Anyway, I've fixed it.

    Love the bags!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ingenious! I love the bag and the tray!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails