Thursday, December 11, 2008

Supprt your local artists and get great gifts for the holidays!

I worked a shift at Craftland yesterday. What fun! It's my first year as a participant and I have to say, I'm hooked. In it's 7th year, this December long "store" is clearly a winner here in Providence. I'm also happy to say that my sales there have been great.



I've been impressed with the promotion and organization of this event. You can see that a lot of work goes into it. And as usual, I'm floored by the number of artists and their talents. Rhode Island is small and I'm constantly finding new work that amazes me.

The shop is located in a great corner location downtown with expansive windows and bright lighting. The overall feel is a museum gift shop (my favorite). There is everything from cards to handbags, jewelry to slippers, toys to pottery. If you are local, be sure to stop by. We are open 7 days a week until the the 24th of December (11am - 6pm; Thursdays and Saturdays 'til 8pm).

For those of you not from the area, I know that there are great arts shows in your neck of the woods. Look in your papers and online. This is a great way to shop locally, buy very unique and meaningful gifts, and support your artists in your area.

2 comments:

  1. Wish I were there!!-Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a really great show. I love how they have the displays set up. I did a similar show in St. Louis this last weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails