Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Back in the saddle

We're back from our mini vacation to CoCo Key Water Resort (Sheraton). The kids had a great time and I'm always happy when they are happy.

This was our second visit to this water park. I must admit that it seemed smaller this time. I thought that since we were pulling our kids out of school on Monday, we'd beat the crowds. Apparently, MA kids had both Monday and Tuesday off for Veterans day so the place was incredibly crowded with long lines for everything from the water slides to the breakfast buffet. My recommendation is to go on a very obscure weekend or pull the kids out of school mid week.

I was pleasantly surprised to find this place in good condition. It is easy to imagine that it would be trashed after one year of opening. It is clean but do keep in mind that it is geared toward kids, not a quiet getaway for you and your significant other. The pools are highly chlorinated, as they should be, so we've all come home with dry skin. But when the weather is 35 degrees out and you need a fun activity, give it a try. You can also get day passes.

Okay, so now it is back to a la mode production for me. I'm trying to make as much as I can for my upcoming shows. My fingers are getting blisters and my eyes are beginning to cross. Today, I'm finishing a big batch of bookmarks. These are great for teacher gifts and stocking stuffers. I can't seem to make them as fast as I sell them.

I've also been given a blog award that I'd like to pass along. First, I must thank Joy De Vivre Design for this honor. There are a few rules to the award that are listed here:
*Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass the award on to 5 most deserving Bloggy friends.

*Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author and the name of the blog from whom he/she has received the award.

*Each Superior Scribbler must display the award on his/her blog, and link to this post, http://scholastic-scribe.blogspot.com/2008/10/200-this-blings-for-you.html, which explains the award.

*Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!

*Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

And now...my choices to receive the Superior Scribbler Award are...


Congratulations!






1 comment:

  1. Okay, I did it in two parts, but I did mine too. I hope all your December shows go fabulous for you.
    I think I am getting resin high over here, how about you? :) Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails