Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday's Desktop Diary


I'm not quite sure why I've been drawn to circles lately, but I want to do everything round. Today, I'm working on more "big dot" necklaces and I've even found bigger wood rounds to use (bigger is better, some say). I'm also having fun exploring faux bois (fake wood) using recycled magazine flooring ads and various prints. I've been combining graphic silhouettes with the "wood" grain. The result is simple but quite striking.

Stop by stART in the Park this Sunday if you happen to be in the Worcester, MA area! Details are in the right column of this blog.

I'd like to add something new to this weeks Desktop Diary...What's on my kitchen counter?

My 6 year old brought home (from school) a 1 1/2" bess beetle. He's huge, by my beetle standards. He's in his own little habitat full of dirt, wood, and a few grubs (to keep the beetle company). This bug even squeaks when it doesn't want to be held. Best of all, my son named him Snuggles.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sharing your love of wood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom freaked out when she found the 2" stag beetle in it's chest-of-drawers habitat when I was 9. You've got a lucky kid! My mom made me get rid of my beetle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I have a serious thing for circles, too. My mom always tells me, "You know you could paint a square every now and then"! Cool blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Got a question, email me. If you like my blog, please subscribe to my RSS feed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails